Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: model 19 bases revisited

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Altec19's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 21st, 2003
    Posts
    306
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I believe the bases and spacers are identical.

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member Carl Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2005
    Location
    Limestone Oklahoma
    Posts
    200
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Exactly the same as the spacer. All made the same. Particle board with black vinyl.

    I intend to make new ones of plywood and substitute plastic laminate for the vinyl.

    But that's a project for much later in the year.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member fmjbullitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 14th, 2005
    Posts
    16
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have read several topics on the 19s bases, but I have not read what the finish is on these as original equipment. For those that have the original bases are they painted or do they have the vinyl trim seen on the spacer between the horn box and lower cabinet?
    Thanks.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Valveboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2005
    Posts
    8
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Made mine from 1" thick x 1.75" wide oak. Glued and screwed at the corners with rabbit joints. Painted with a flat black paint. You can't tell the difference between that finish and the finish on the vinyl covered spacers unless you're about four feet away.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Dylanl's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    90
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    When I made mine I used truck bedliner sray and used it right over the wood. Looks almost identical with the pebble like vinyl finish.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.